Saturday, January 2, 2010

G'day

It was a good day today. My neighbor/friend told me she wants me to teach her how to coupon (oh happy day!) and so this morning she accompanied me to CVS to get the huge paper (Sunday, early edition, .50 ea., huge blessing that I don't see lasting for long) with five inserts. We bought 10 papers (I left one, just to be nice, or maybe because it was an odd number ;) ), a big Olay Quench lotion, a box of SoyJoy bars, and a 24 ct. TUMS. I paid the .83 OOP (out of pocket) with a gift card I got from filling a prescription at their pharmacy, and got back 8 ECB's (Extra Care Bucks) and a $5/25. Oh, and there's an $8.99 rebate I'll be mailing in for the lotion. Cha-ching!

The coupons from the last PG (Protor and Gamble) insert came in the mail today (from Ebay, I had to outsource 'cause I got to Publix too late on Monday to get the Sunday paper the day after, since the Sat. paper didn't have the insert), just in time for me to run to Albertson's to snag two boxes of diapers, 4 4 pk. batteries, 3 3pk. soaps, two bags of flour, gallon of milk, sack of 'tayta's, one jar of baby food, jar of natural peanut butter, 2 packs of tortillas, and one single roll of paper towels, all so I could get the $5/50 and get it before Sunday, when it expires and I take my weekly break from touching all coupons. Call it my version of "fasting" if you will, since I'm still nursing and all. $36.90 total. Pretty good considering the diapers alone usually cost $19.99/box. I'm trying to buy them only when there's a really good deal and I can combine store and manufacturer coupons. In this case they were having a $10 off wyb (when you buy) $40 in PG products. And now I don't have to go back to the store this week for milk. Yay!

And I found this AWESOME Excel spreadsheet that is super user-friendly on this blog, to track all sorts of savings. This woman didn't leave anything out, she's great.

I hate you 19k!!

No comments:

Post a Comment